Sunday, December 18, 2011

Aethestics

I've been looking at colors and whatnot quite a lot lately... some things that speak to me:

Luminescence

Texture

Depth

Fluidity of line

I tried making some palettes on one of the color programs, and it went well enough, I suppose, but the flat colors feel so - flat.  When I see a flower petal or a piece of cloth, I'm attracted to the depth of color, not just the color itself.  This is probably why I like certain types of cloth (and certain weaves) and why I'm totally uninspired by others.  (It's also why I don't like kitch, as a rule). 

Water and trees and movement... these inspire me. 

Now to take that inspiration and move it into cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.