Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Skirt Ripples, two possible solutions

Two possible reasons for the ripples in my skirt zipper area.

1) The zipper area wants interfacing.  I would agree with this one - I see the most rippling on lighter fabrics, fabrics that are substantially lighter than the zipper fabric.  Found this in one of the sewing books I got this week for my birthday.

2)  http://gorgeousfabrics.com/blog/2011/12/06/there-are-no-hard-and-fast-rules-in-sewing/  Sew from wide to narrow?  No rippling?  Could it be that easy?

So... the next skirt I make - two changes coming up.  Also, I'm going to go back to the overlapped waistband with button rather than the waistband with hook & eye that I have been using.  I might also put a waist stay in - my waist circumference isn't very small, and it's more or less the same for 3-4" up and down, so I either have to fit the waistband *tight* (which can get uncomfy) or find my waistband moving up and down at a whim. 

Why yes, I have been reading the couture sewing guides.  How can you tell?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.