Sunday, January 1, 2012

FYI: Hanging out a bias before hemming

If you ever wondered why the sewing instructional books insist that you hang (on a *hanger*) anything cut on the bias (or circle skirts which have both straight and bias) for a minimum of 24 hours before hemming, this is why:
Astute observers will note that not only is that hem *not* straight at the moment, the lining is also dramatically *not* under the skirt fabric.

It was all cut very nicely, and every bit of it matched.  When it was sewn.

So, since I don't want it to do this in my closet, I do this before I put in the hem. 

Standard advice, explained with pictures.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.