Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Little Things

Sometimes, beauty can be in the little things...
...like an embroidery stitch used to seam-finish a gathered ruffle on a petticoat.  

It's not a petticoat meant to be seen, it's a good 3" too short for that - but I'll see it.  I'll see it in my closet, and I'll see it when I put it on.  I'll know it's there.  I'll enjoy the craftsmanship I put into making it.

And that - that knowing - will put just a tiny extra spring in my step.  And that will make me just a tiny bit lovelier.

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty stitch, my MIL makes quilts for our daughters and she will hide neat things in the stitching. Sometimes she will write their name or their birthday or she will make flowers or designs for them to find.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.