Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dress to Skirt

I had a dress that didn't fit me properly anymore.  A pretty dress... I spent a week making it, it was off-white eyelet underlined with cream cotton.  The overall effect?  Very light cream.  But every time I raised my arms, my waistband became empire.  Not. Good.

So today I pulled out my seamripper and turned that dress into a skirt.  Here it is - with a pretty tunic from Penney's.  No, long-torso'd gals probably shouldn't wear tunics, but it's a modern touch in my mostly classic/vintage wardrobe, and that's a good thing. 

Way to make something that's not quite working into something that will work itself silly.  :)  It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful in this picture! I love the skirt, white is so fun to wear in the summertime. I like the tunic also, the color suits you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! :) I wear a lot of light colors, they work well here. :)

      Delete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.