Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Think Pink

You know I've promised to get some color-not-blue into my wardrobe?  Well, I had the opportunity to get out of the house for a couple of hours, and I had a Joanne's 40% off coupon in my hot little hand... so I trotted off and bought lining fabric for the hot pink linen I got online (it was not HOT pink online, it most certainly is in person).
 


So, soon I will have a hot pink skirt.  Not sure how I feel about that.  The good news is that the lining fabric I picked up, which is Joanne's basic line of colored plain cotton, was MUCH nicer than I remember, once I got it washed.  I might have to go back and get some of this for shirts or something, it's worth using on its own.  Can you tell how plushy it is, from the picture?


I like the blush pink, too.  Very flattering.  Much more so than that hot pink!   But I did promise - and I'm going to make it a length that will look like an outfit with my long petticoat, which will alleviate some of the pink... hopefully.

Sewing, sewing, over the bounding main...................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.