Thursday, August 2, 2012

A basic

The off-white shell.  Could there be a more basic blouse to have in one's inventory?  I think not. 

Last week I gave you my jade green impractical, I'm goingtohavetosewsomethingtomatch blouse.   This week I give you its match - with a better neckline, better fabric, and a much more practical color.

I give you...


You know, we're all in process.  I'm in process.  Making things that are practical, lovely - and that fit - is not instant.  I've spent weeks fine-tuning the fit on these blouses.  I spent three hours on this blouse alone, ripping out and resewing one of the bust seams. 

The Proverbs 31 woman, who clothed her household in scarlet... I don't think she got there overnight.  I'll keep at it.  Someday everything in my wardrobe will be lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Hearthie! It looks good with your tan also.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.