Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dressing Like a Grown Up

This is going to be a theme on this blog... because dressing like a grown up seems to be one of those lovely ideas that has passed into the mists of history. 

Once upon a time, a certain sophistication was expected from your wardrobe as you aged.  Those clothes paid the investment back, as more sophisticated fabrics and structured lines look better on bodies that aren't young and tight and factory fresh. 

I give you... the resort look.  Beach pajamas.  This was all the rage in the 1930s, and why did we give it up?  Probably because we wanted to be tan.  But since tanning is no longer de rigeur (especially if you speak to my doctor) why not return to the elegant clothing that we wore once upon a time?


(image credit:  http://www.fintage.net/blogi/)
Does this woman look frumpy?  No, she does not.
Does this woman expose more than is appropriate for a woman at the beach?  No.
Does this woman look terribly uncomfortable?  No.

What this woman looks is elegant, rich, and ready for the resort.  Since I live in a resort area - I see nothing not to love about this look, except perhaps to add a light jacket to keep the sun from her shoulders after she's soaked in enough Vitamin D. 

Dressing like a grown up:  Beach Pajamas (Resort Wear)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's very cute! I love the blue accents and her defined waistline!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.