I had higher hopes for this blouse.
Carefully, I scaled up my princess seamed sloper so that it would have a bit more wearing ease in order to translate into a buttondown shirt. I combined it with a collarless shirt pattern, using the button placet, collar and sleeves from the pattern. I basted it, tried it on... it was good. Plenty of room and looked cute. I sewed it together. It looked good. I made flat-felled seams out of every single seam, put on the collar, put on the button placket - and suddenly I had weirdness.
I was pretty frustrated at that point, so I put it away for a month or so. This week I pulled it out and ripped out the offending seams (the princess seams, front and back) took it in on all four of the seams, sewed it back up and... well. It's still not perfect.
I'm not sure what to do about it at this point - I don't think perfect is going to happen. BUT. I live in Southern California, land of everpresent sunshine. A buttondown white overshirt is *never* a bad idea - particularly a long-sleeved version. I will get a great deal of wear out of this shirt, even if it's not the sort of wear I had in mind.
Sometimes, you just have to call pax and move forward. I'll use this shirt, even if I'm a little disappointed. And hey - the topstitched french seams DO look awesome. :)