Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Super Feminine Dress Week

You've heard of the "feminine dress week" idea before, I'm sure.  Many a conservative female blogger has urged her readers to ramp it up and wear a dress or a skirt for a week.  I want to take that a step further.  Not merely do I want skirts and dresses, but I want clothing that is unabashedly feminine in nature.  (I don't wear pants anyway).

I can break out the denim skirts any old day... but they mostly call out "conservative Christian lady".  Nothing wrong with that, that's who I am.  But I have had some interesting social interactions lately, and I want to run a little experiment. 

Lace.  Pink.  Clothing that swishes and moves.  Makeup.  Perfume.  Jewelry.  The whole shebang.  Not necessarily dressed up - most of my clothing is cotton and linen anyway, it's not dressy.  But feminine.  VERY feminine. 

Why?  Because I've noticed the oddest reactions when I break out my pink skirt.  You wouldn't think that a skirt to my ankles could tick anyone off.  But it seems to.  So I don't want to dress in that sort of thing randomly - it has to be intentional, and I have to pay attention to the people around me and what sort of reactions I get.  I also don't want to dilute my message. 

 
Break out the pink - and if you do, let me know how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.