Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bound Buttonholes

I made a sample set on scrap fabric... but these are the first set of bound buttonholes I've ever made to use on a garment.  They aren't perfect, but they're cute! (And slightly damp, since you're supposed to steam them after, and this is cotton, not wool).


On Thursday I cut the fabric for the suit, which I didn't bother blogging about or taking pictures of (at least here) because really... how exciting is a big pile of fabric?

Took Friday and Saturday off, and today I did the bound buttonholes.  Next up, the tailoring for the front of the jacket - fusible version.  (No, I'm not breaking out the hair canvas for a cotton twill jacket!)

This feels slow, but I'm churning away, and slow is okay so long as we get to a good place in the end.  Right?  Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.