Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pockets!

Today I did the welt pockets, which came out okay.  Being detail oriented (which I am **not**) is important in this sort of sewing.  Character building opportunities!!

I'm pretty proud of them, regardless.  They're very twee.

A peek inside the first finished pocket

The outside of the pocket.  Yes, it's right-side up.  That's a welt, not a flap.  :D
 
 
The pockets are seriously tiny - just big enough for a key or credit card or hanky.  Which is fine.  I mostly wanted to do them to do them, to learn. 
 
I also sewed the back together and ran out to Joanne's at 8pm for some twill tape, so tomorrow I can sew the fronts to the back & sides and possibly do sleeves.  Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.