Monday, October 8, 2012

Starlet Suit: Day 1

Day One of my Starlet Suit Adventure....

I taped 56 pieces of paper together, very carefully (with trimming).

 
Then I rough-cut the individual pattern pieces out.

 
 
This sounds relatively simple - and it was - but it took *hours*.  If I have the choice between buying a pattern for less than say, $10 and doing this again?  I'm buying a proper paper pattern.

Then I caught up on my big stack of ironing (the perils of wearing clothing from linen and cotton).  Now I shall sew on a button, while watching Gertie's next video in the "how to" series.  And then I shall go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.