Monday, December 31, 2012

All the things I'd like to sew

I thought about doing a recap of all the things I've sewn this year - but 2012 is past, and anyway it's been done!

I'd rather make a list of all the things I'd like to sew in 2013.  This list will change - if there is anything that I'm not good at, it's sticking to a list of "to sew".

Sewing for my daughter:

I need to sew her some warmer items for the winter... my mom got her some DARLING denim with hot pink butterflies  - I would like to make her a skirt or jumper from that.  I was wondering if I couldn't find some dear little legwarmers to wear under her skirts.

I usually sew up an Easter dress or something of the like. 

Oh!  I owe her a nightgown.  Flannel with owls.  :)

There's the Chanel-inspired jacket in wool that I'm meaning to make for her, although honestly I'm not in a super rush to do that.  She's 9.  We live in SoCal.  She has a sweater for this year...

Sewing for my husband:

I'd really love to make DH some button-downs.  He's tall and sourcing shirts is difficult and expensive. 

I'd LOVE to make him a duster.  This may be a end-of-2013 aspiration. 

Sewing for my son:

?  I may have to try pants.  I would rather not.  He's 12.  He's growing.  Is there a point?  Perhaps I'll sew a cushion for his very spoilt cat.  :)

Sewing for myself:

Oh gracious!  The list!!!

Well, I've cut the wool for my red suit a la Gertie - so that's going to be the first thing on the list.  Not only is this going to be fun to own, I am looking forward to the learning process.  And the suit leads us to the ...

Overcoat!  I've had the overcoat fabric for years now and I'd like to sew it before the cold and rain leaves for the year.

A quick flannel petticoat to keep me warm in my new outside sewing digs.

Pretty dresses!  I didn't sew many pretty dresses this last year - I have some cute blue polkadot fabric waiting to be sewn up and I saw some wonderful rainbow seersucker plaid (say that three times fast!) at Joanne's yesterday while I was out buying thread. 

I still have some lovely silk to be sewn up into a new nightie.  Mom got me a silk nightie for my birthday, but the original silk nightie made by moi is getting rather beaten up and brownish.  I did find out today that the trick where you cut silk sandwiched between layers of tissue paper works - and works really well.

I got Gertie's book for better sewing - and I'd like to sew up about half of it.  The turquoise jumper dress.  The portrait blouse.  Blouses!  Gracious I need to sew up blouses.  I'm doing okay in the skirt department, but my shirt department requires some serious attention. 

I've been wanting to sew up a vest.

And lingerie.  Of course.  I wouldn't mind trying a corset.

This blog post makes me remember why my mantra for 2013 is "Just Do It"... and why I spend so much time flogging myself for being a lazypants.  My fingers have a terrible time keeping up with my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.