Sunday, January 27, 2013

Quick Sewing Notes

Collars and facings went on the jacket today.

 
Also, I exceeded the number of layers that my sewing machine will eat.  It laughed.  And pointed.  And laughed.  So I did a little hand stitching to join the upper and lower collar layers.  Fortunately they are individually machine stitched to the facings/back and my handstitching isn't the only thing holding it up. 

 
Next, we make the windows for the inside of the bound buttonholes, and then after that, it's on to hemming and then doing the lining.  I can't believe it!  After all this time, the homestretch is in sight.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.