Monday, January 21, 2013

Sea Turtles

I saw this fabric a couple of months ago when I was last at the semi-independent fabric store in my area and fell in love.  I didn't buy any then, but I needed to get out of the house a bit today and it came home with me. 


Then I saw this very pretty eyelet.  I *love* delicate fabrics - and I know I need to get some blouse supplies, because that's a big missing piece in my wardrobe.  With Gertie's Book for Better Sewing, there's a portrait blouse that is loose and basic and - well, I think this will be amazing.  I may line this with some cotton batiste, in fact I don't think I can get away with not doing so, even if I do wear a tank top underneath.  I don't want to over-line though, I don't want to lose the drape, and frankly it's warm here most of the time.  I have a few too many me-made blouses that are too warm to wear when it heats up around here!

Spent some quality time inventorying my fabric stash and making sketches... then I got tired before I hit the drawers of smaller scraps. 

 
My fabric stash might be a teensy bit scary.  It might.

2 comments:

  1. I use an app for my much-smaller-than-yours fabric stash. It's called, amazingly enough, FabricStash. It is pretty rare that I get anything but a free app, but I'm pretty sure I paid for this one. It was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that's a good app! No smart phone here, though.... so no apps for me. :)

      Delete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.