I love this neckline.
(This is my princess sloper shirt. Yes, it fits. But princess seams are a pain in the rear to sew properly... I was hoping for something darted and a tad bit easier to deal with. Ironically, this is the same fabric I used for the blouse that I don't like at all.)
I love this collar - and I love the sleeves.
(The fit is a bit "ish" - but hey, this was my Easter dress from 2011? I've learned. Still use the bottom as a skirt. Textured paisley eyelet... one of my best fabric choices).
- Can I combine the neckline (and shoulder fitting - yikes) from the top blouse with the sleeves from the bottom blouse? Or some other sleeve? I am *so* over sleeveless (thank you, pictures).
- Should I just use the bottom "blouse" entirely... but fix up the fit?
- Which is the more basic top?
- Which is more flattering?
- Which goes with more of my skirts/goes with my life in general?
Remember... I'm not trying to make a fabulous new thing, I'm trying to get a basic workhorse that I can mix and match and switch details around.
Lots of thinking to do. Maybe I'll sew up a couple of the things on my "sewing for others" mental list and get them in the "out" pile. Or a dress. I do still have some turtle fabric calling my name!