Saturday, February 2, 2013

The inside

is *certainly* lovely.  Even if I am tired of the project as a whole.  I am very glad that my "real" jacket is made from "real" materials - they are every bit as lovely to my hands as they are lovely to the eye.  And I've found that I actually rather enjoy sewing silk charmeuse, although fine silk needles and pins will be *required* if I'm going to continue doing so.  Listening to the machine punch holes in the fabric was a bit like listening to the fabric of the universe being punched, and any number of my pins refused to go through the silk.  (I even changed to a fresh needle after the sound of that first seam.  It helped.  Not enough).




Hemming the lining tonight.  Should be done, if the Lord wills, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.