Friday, June 28, 2013

Visual Psychology

One of the longer-term uses of pinterest or any other scrapbooking technique is slowly acquire a pile of images and then go back and view them with fresh eyes, to see what you can find out.

It's been a quiet day, and I had time to go flip through a few of my boards.   I usually spend a lot of time on my style boards... but today I went over to the others.  Just flipping through those boards helps me to get to know myself so much better. 

I find a sense of self, a sense of quiet, in the things that truly draw me.  Yes, I like candycolors, very frequently in groups.  But if you look at the overall picture, you'll find out that I'm very strongly drawn to a fluid line and to organic shapes and textures.  So while I'll occasionally indulge my sense of whimsy with a bright pink skirt, I'm more likely to fall in love with a deep green tweed. 

I have a very feminine sense of style, but it is a femininity that seems lost in most of what is portrayed in fashion these days.  It isn't overtly sexual, but is highly tactile and sensual.  Sophisticated, adult, but unapolegetically female. *

* I wrote this last year and stuck it in the drafts folder.  I don't see why it can't have a go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.