Friday, August 2, 2013

This changes everything

Unified Field Theory changes everything... and at the same time, doesn't really change things.

It explains and gives form and shape to that which I wish I am so utterly in love with.  It explains how to choose the right dress and how much energy to put into the front yard and ... it's like it ties everything together.

At the same time, this is the truth I have always loved.  I have always loved Beauty.  Now that I know what beauty really is, I don't have to struggle to define it.  I can understand my revulsion for some things and hunger for others.  I can make choices with more confidence. 

My head is held higher, and I am delighted.

2 comments:

  1. Dostoevsky wrote, "Beauty will save the world." God has given us truth, goodness, and beauty as His gifts and I think if we take away any one of those three, it makes it harder to see Him and His gospel.

    I'm glad I popped over here today. I enjoyed reading your musings.

    Magistra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Magistra! I love that quote, and I will totally steal it.

      Delete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.