Sunday, September 8, 2013

I'm not dead

I have a houseguest for the next couple of weeks, so I'm probably going to be quieter than usual.

Not that this is slowing down the pace-of-change in my life.  Hah! 

Random notes:
We got new couches.  I'm not sure how "Oh this is great, honey!  You'll put in the patio and we'll be able to entertain" became "Go get new..." and suddenly I'm redecorating half the house and DH is repainting half the house and.... yikes.  Just YIKES.  I'm on orders from DH so, it is what it is.  Pix when things are well sorted.  For now, new couches, living room is NOT in its final arrangement, except for the couches, lol. It's going to look amazing when it's done.  I have the go-ahead to make everything coordinated and fabulous.  Be afraid, be very afraid.


Spending more time with the kids in homeschool.  We had a rough first two weeks, probably because I've been bloody busy.  They're going to get more attention, I haven't gotten them up to speed just yet.

Spending more time corresponding with a good friend as we exhort one another with our relative areas of expertise. 

I had a dream about how much I care about my writing... woke up and knew that the emotion was real and I need to put more energy there.  When I have time. 

Still working on the sashes, but my houseguest is keeping me company while I work on them, which means the procrastination train might just be leaving the station.  About time.   I need to get on with sewing, because I love it.  I love textiles, this is important to me.  As much as I need to work on other stuff (what *will* my husband send me out for this week?) I also need to create.  It's important.

Cleaning's going okay.  I stopped with the "clean everything, every day" because it was too much time cleaning.  I dropped back to "certain tasks every day, clean everything once a week" which works better for me. 

The change train is running hard and fast........ I don't even know where I *am* at this point, much less where I'm going.

But wherever it is, I've got some very comfy places to sit.  :)

PS Latin rocks.

9 comments:

  1. I love Latin! I love your sofas and hardwood. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to sign my name. :) Magistra

      Delete
    2. It's just laminate, but thanks :D Hardwood + my family would = stressed Hearthie.

      Loving Latin, even when I get it wrong. So fun!

      Delete
    3. We have laminate in our rental house and my husband likes it so much that he is planning on putting it in his house before we move back in. It's so pretty and can be mopped. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the sofas.

    What is it with you and Latin, LOL?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad sad person who was prevented from taking more than a semester of Latin in HS. :) Also I really like the way language fits together, it's cool. And Latin is one of the mother tongues. Maybe next I'll do German. Koine Greek would be awesome, I keep starting it and then stopping. I need the push of doing it with someone or I peter out. For all I like language? I'm terrible at them. All memorization, no instinct whatsoever.

      Delete
    2. PS thanks about the sofas. LOVING the concept - the covers come completely off and are dry-cleanable. (They had washable ones, but I didn't like the fabric). Hello - perfect for houses with pets and children. :D

      Delete
  3. I love the couches, you have a beautiful living room. I hope you have fun with your company and can't wait to see the rest of the changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sis! DH is planning to paint this week, so it will be a dif color. I'll keep y'all posted. :)

      Delete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.