Monday, September 16, 2013

Kismet

 I've been super busy and haven't had time to sew for ages (well, I've been sewing a bit on the sash project, but not proper sewing, and it's driving me nuts).  So even though I have plenty of fabric in my stash, I went to Joanne's to blow off some steam.   I found this little beauty on the rack, and decided that since 1) I love my crazy yellow tiered skirt, even though it's an insane color, it's exceptionally comfortable and 2) I'm embracing my me-ness (which includes a love of botanical florals) so therefore I should pair the look of the yellow tiered skirt - you know, super feminine, super fluffy - with some *flowers*.   (You may not want to try this at home, lol).

 

Today I was over at BFF's house helping sort out her closet (it's a girl thing) and snagged a few things off her discard pile.  (It's a girl thing).  Here's a shrug (with the fabric) that got removed from her closet to mine.

 
 
Right on top, a bit much.  With an ivory tank top (or shirt) in between?  Perfection.  Over-the-top insane floral perfection.  I have some roses to twine in my braid... yep.  Wayyyy over the top?  Yes.  It's going to be fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's incredible. You must remember to post a photo of the finished outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a like button for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.