Well, having vanquished the dragon Procrastination... I've gotten to restart that project. :) Here's what got done today/tonight - I made *way* more progress than I thought I would. -pleasedface-
(After a 36 hour hiatus while I fought with my adblocking software....)
Here's my very first patch pocket. I bounced over to DH to show off my handiwork - he pointed out the 1/16th" that isn't quite matched up. I blew a raspberry at him...
Here's the full shirt - well, so far. :) I'm sticking with basic, looks-like-RTW until I get at least one good shirt under my belt. Then? Then there is some *very* nice, somewhat interesting shirting fabric out there in the world. DH has already approved my first interesting fabric choice. :)
Short-sleeved shirts don't take much yardage, I'm going to save bank. :D (This is good - his dress shirts run about $40. Sure, that's not unreasonable, but - eh. Plus I've only found one place that sells tall, slim dress shirts with short sleeves. One. So he looks like an ad for that company, and it's a bit boring. Okay, he probably doesn't care. I care. So, nyah.)
In other sewing news, church FINALLY found a decent mannequin and we put up hems yesterday, so I have that project to work on. :) Here's Manny, in his first two layers of priestly goodness.
It's been a good week. :D