Sunday, October 20, 2013

Red? Coral? Geranium!

Yes.

Yes, I did.


I went back to the fabric store, bought the rest of the red silk, and made up another nightgown.

It's not as heavy a silk as the charmeuse - if there was "handkerchief silk" I'd call it that.  I doubt it will last as well as the turquoise, it was half the price though.  There wasn't enough fabric to make the little sleeves (sleeves take a surprising amount of fabric) so I found a pretty ribbon and attached it to the gathers instead.

Very simple construction, a nice addition to the wardrobe.

And now the existence of the red silk sitting unloved in the fabric shop won't keep me up at night.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's so beautiful! Who wouldn't feel lovely sleeping in that :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.