Direction? Taken. :)
DH thinks I look cute, but where is his beer? -lol-
Details: Heavy weight denim, about the same as you'd find in a pair of Levi's 501s. (I bought it for a six-gore skirt, which I cut and then had enough left over for this vest).
Pattern: Folkwear Drindl pattern
Changes: I didn't use the facings, since I was using a heavy-weight denim and anyway I don't like facings. They'd have made major marks after getting worn in a bit (this denim will fade/soften with wear, it's all-cotton). I used bias tape as facings instead, and sewed it down within an inch of its life.
Additions: I embroidered topstitching on the hem, neckline and armholes (although the armholes are only in blue, so you won't be able to see those until the denim starts to fade).
Comments: This was fairly easy to fit (thank you, Craftsy class) and sewed right up. I ignored the directions. I will almost certainly make more, my husband really likes me in this kind of thing. Next time I'll make the underbust version of the dirndl, which was what I think he was hoping for, but boning and more advanced fitting... well, a girl has to start somewhere!