Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful for our hubbies, blog party day four

Link: http://turtleandcompass.blogspot.com/2013/11/think-on-these-things.html

I am thankful that my husband knows how to use his hands.  It is but to mention to my husband that X is out of whack to see it get fixed (this *always* disorients me).  I'm pretty sure that my hubs could build a house with a helper to help hold the other end of the heavy bits. 

Examples:

He decided we needed a walkway up to the front door.  So he busted the concrete lip we had on the bottom of the lawn. 
 
He decided that our patio (that he and his mom built) needed to be stucco'd and have glass windows put in.   So he did that. 


Here's the walkway, after he put in the bricks.

 
He tiled the entry.  He put in the laminate floor. 

 
He's painted every wall in this house, he's rewired a few of the lights, the flooring has all been put down with his two hands, he considers major home repair a pleasant weekend's work. 
 
My husband is good with his hands, and I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Sledgehammer! Muscles! Home improvements! Thanksgiving, indeed! I really like the pavers, I'm going to have to think about some of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D The pavers are cool, they're oversized bricks more or less. Our garage is full of them, because we're building (uh, he's building, I bring tea) a patio next. What? Your garage doesn't have two pallets full of bricks? Just mine? lol.

      Delete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.