Sunday, December 15, 2013

California's State Religion?

is probably the cult of the body.  If so, taking vitamins is a major ritual for all natives of the Golden State.

I *take* vitamins.  Err.  I have a vitamin bin and I fill it up and sometimes I actually take them.  :p  I have it all written down, and there's reasons for all the horsepills in the box.

So anyway.  I'm recovering from this burnt hand and all of a sudden I turn into pregnancy girl.  I'm NOT pregnant, but the way I want to eat and nap, I might as well be.  Floppy McCraversons, that's me.  I've been reading up on the healing arc and saw that increased calorie/increased vitamin dietary regimes are the usual in burn wards.  Well... I could *take* the vitamins, right?

Took the vitamins.  Two days running.  Third day, Floppy McCraversons went away.  Didn't think much of it, just figured I'd gotten through the hurdle.  Didn't take my vitamins for a couple of days.  FC came back.  Took my vitamins.  This time, four hours later (and a bit of good news) and I'm pinging off the walls.

Oh, and my appetite?  Went from Feral Preggo Girl to Less Than Normal.

Mind you, I "take my vitamins" ... and I get fairly regular about them when I'm dieting.  I think I just decided to A) increase my vitamins (I have certainly increased them until I have new skin - but I meant for the duration) and B) actually take them.

It's not time to go pedal to metal on my waistline, I'm just holding fire for now.  But ... when I can, I'm going to need everything I know about myself.

And now I know something more about something I thought already sussed out.

2 comments:

  1. Hearthie,

    this is good writing...it's brave, and real.

    "I'm recovering from this burnt hand and all of a sudden I turn into pregnancy girl. I'm NOT pregnant, but the way I want to eat and nap, I might as well be. Floppy McCraversons, that's me."

    "Oh, and my appetite? Went from Feral Preggo Girl to Less Than Normal."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis. I'll be going after the diet after I'm done with my internship and have my feet under me again.

      Delete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.