Thursday, March 20, 2014

Girl Dresses

Yes, my design worked.  :)  It's a tad loose, but in growing girls, that's a plus.

So, we have a flutter sleeve with a pintucked bodice (with beading lace/ribbon that is functional, and sewn down) and a small flounce of a skirt.

Here's the first dress, in a "voile" that is more of a light weight quilting cotton.  PERFECT colors for 9yo..


 Here's the second dress, in a linen (or linen-like material, I forget).  It has fewer pintucks - I wanted them in scale with the print, so the above dress has sixteen tucks, this one has eight - and they're twice as wide.  I'm going to need to sew her a quick slip (she's nine, it will be a very quick slip) to go under this, it's a bit sheer.


Good work for this week.  And I have a second blouse for myself, cut, interfaced and ready to sew....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.