Sunday, March 23, 2014

Looking Like Myself & grad pic

I made that second blouse... it's eyelet paisley cotton in ivory.  I'm so going to wear this to death.  :)

Looking ridiculously like myself here, in my rose skirt.


 Here's a close up of the shirt (someone on FB asked me - so here you go)


And here's me getting my Intern certificate from Pastor Mike last night.  :)


I came to a shocking realization .... I live somewhere warm, I wear substantial foundation garments, and I always wear secondary garments between my foundations and my blouses.... easy enough to add slips to my repertoire... and THAT means I can stop lining everything I make, which makes for less expensive, more practical makes, and faster sewing.

I cut three garments today... a basic skirt in seafoam green, a matching shirt (same pattern as above) because God poked me in the shoulder repeatedly and said, "you have enough scraps", and a peasant blouse in a lightweight knit that had been hanging around a stash drawer for over a year now.  I'm not going to make that tshirt - I can't be bothered to sew tshirts, so why not see if it works?

And then I hit the fabric store.

So, if you're missing me for the next couple of weeks, I'm trying to fill up my empty closet and my daughter's.  Well.  If you're missing me *elsewhere*, as I'm sure I'll pop in here with clothing pix as they come off the presses.


2 comments:

  1. Hearthie I love that blouse!!!!!!!!! The skirt is so pretty - and with that blouse - outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.