Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sea Green... Seafoam... aqua green?

Pick a name for this color, please?

I cut these three garments out on Sunday morning.

The green linen was a length for the skirt - but it had enough extra bits (unsurprisingly, garments that consist of two giant arcs are fabric-piggy) that God poked me and I gave a try to squeezing in the blouse (princess seamed blouses, on the other hand, can be quite fabric-frugal) - so I ended up with two garments for the price of one.  -pleased face-

If you're disturbed by this amount of green (my husband was), take heart.  I will probably NOT wear them together.  :)  I have plenty of items that will go with both.  This will likely form the heart of my summer-summer wardrobe, as this is a very light-weight linen, and the clothing items that match it most closely are also very light-weight.

One really random blouse:  I've had this length of fabric in my stash for some time, it was near the linen.  When I grabbed that out, I grabbed this out too.  It was a cheapie from the remnant table, and I had a trial tshirt to make with it.  Except - I HATE working with knits.  I had my experiment a couple of years back and ... I hate it.  Must be better if you have a serger.  I don't.  Don't want one.  I'll just skip the knits, thanks.
But that said - this is such a light weight fabric, that I thought, "well - I have a woven pattern that might work.  How about that peasant blouse?  It's a quick sew - and the worst that happens is I lose a $5 piece of fabric that I'm not using anyway."

Weirdly, it goes with the seafoam green (although I'm unsure about pairing it with *linen*)  - and it obviously goes with denim.  So - a win, if not a "wardrobe basic" at least I have a tshirt sort of shirt to get dirty in.

So - a very good three days at the sewing machine.  :D

13 comments:

  1. Hearth! You look so great in that dress. The color, the cut, all of it. Just gorgeous! The blouse too of course, but I really love you in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the skirt and blouse? :) Thank you! Even if it does frighten hubby a bit. :D

      Delete
  2. Yes, the skirt and blouse. It looked like a dress at first glance. Either way, you wear it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Which one? :) Thank you! I'm going to talk about the green one in a day or so, when I finish the latest version. And then when I finish this cycle of wardrobing, I'll talk about my wardrobe as a whole, and tweaks etc to favorite patterns and how they change things up.

      Delete
    2. The tye-dyed-ish one. I love that style!

      Delete
    3. I have made a ton of stuff with that pattern - it's SUPER easy. It's the peasant blouse pattern I was using so much last summer. In fact I'm wearing my navy peasant dress right now. So comfy!!!

      Delete
  4. Not sure why it grabbed my gmail - at least I keep my name consistent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I know it's you............ :)

      Delete
  5. Hearthie, I though the skirt and blouse was a dress, too - and was immediately consumed with envy. Beautiful color and you look beautiful in it (er, them) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you :) Okay, you guys like it as a dress. My husband is a little overwhelmed with the greenness and says it needs massive accessorizing. :D

      Delete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.