Saturday, April 19, 2014

On the Sewing Table

Just a quick preview... because it's cool.  ;)

Making up some dresses for 9yo.  Picked this fabric up out of the remnants pile because I knew my daughter would squeal.  She did.

And then... I'm sitting there contemplating the eternal conundrum:  How do I finish these facings/make sure they don't flip up?

I could go couture and hand sew them.  No.  Not on a child's dress made of quilting cotton and covered with skelanimals.

I could do (insert assorted methods that don't work very well)

I could just sew them down like RTW.  Okay, but that's boring.  I could use a pretty stitch.  Hm... I wonder what ...


Alligators.

She squealed.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.