Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Eggshells

So... I saw this pin on pinterest that alleged that if you ground up eggshells in a coffee grinder and sprinkled them among your plants, they'd work much like diatomaceous earth... getting inside the exoskeletons of garden-raiding insects.

I eat a lot of eggs.  This is a resource I have in abundance.

So - what could it hurt?  I just used a rolling pin though (probably won't be as good, but we'll see).


If nothing else, I'm adding needed calcium to my veggie soil.

Did I say that I/we eat a lot of eggs?  Yes?  Good.  ;)

Last year my lettuces looked like lacework.  I have lettuce planted in between my tomato plants, and I'd dearly like to eat it this year.. wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hearthie, this is not related to your post, but are you all safe what with these fires? Our West Coast office is evacuated and several people have received evac notices for their homes. Just wanted to check on you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking! Yes, we're fine. I should put a post up so folks won't worry too much. But if you feel inclined to pray for rain for SoCal... we normally won't get any until November, and ... um... it's not nice now.

      Delete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.