Saturday, May 17, 2014

I wanted to sew this week...

... but it was too hot and my patio sewing area smelled like an ashtray.  :p

I did buy fabric!  LOL.  Attack of pinterest.  I found the most GORGEOUS fabric for a dressy shirt for my husband, and I had no choice but to attack it and make it mine.  I need to sew the shirts up, you know... bought enough to make this one long-sleeved.  He's going to look amazing.  I'm really excited about buying shirting for him.  The styles/colors available for tall skinny guys are VERY minimal.  Pretty much I can only get shirts at LL Bean.  Nice shirts, don't get me wrong.  But... it's boring.  HE doesn't care.  I care.  Shouldn't he be devastatingly handsome at all times?  *I* think so.  ;)

Red Shirting Fabric

I think my summer resolution is to spend a lot more time in the sewing room.  If I have to move my sewing back to the dining table on hot weeks... then that's what I'll have to do.  I've missed two weeks of the last three because it was just too hot out there.  I don't mind cold so much (although I will skip evening sewing) because I can bundle up.  But high heat?  No thanks.

If the ashy smell knocks off today, I think today would be a good day to go out and play...  :)

That and bake a birthday cake.  But that's easy-peasy, I got the girl to agree to the super-fast, super-yummy chocolate cake from the Hershey's box.  (If you have never used this for chocolate cake... use it.  It's so easy you can do it in your sleep, and it gets raves every time).

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.