Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sewing Post + "Old Task Accomplished #2"

I love to make things for my BFF... but procrastination lives, you know?

I've had this fabric in my stash for at LEAST a year if not more.  She's forgotten it, I think....


It's a simple tiered skirt.  As is my wont to finish the seams on these skirts, I put in a row of embroidery stitching on the seams.  This time I used a contrasting thread - you can see the black, yes?  I went through half my stitches to find the right one for this pattern.  It echoes the birdcages, I think.  Yes, I have a problem.  LOL.  But this method gets soooo many compliments, and it's so simple!

The skirt is partially lined, since the fabric is quite sheer and BFF doesn't have a ton of slips (besides it's a casual skirt).  So - inside there are two more tiers, which aren't quite the same length as the ones on the outside.  They a) cover the seams on the inside and b) give some extra volume to the skirt as a whole.

I hope this suits BFF - it should, cream and black are a lovely combination on her auburn haired, cream skinned, black-eyelashed self.

And one less thing on my conscience!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.