Saturday, July 26, 2014

Thread tracing: Boring

Really.
Really.
Boring.

I needed to get these pieces thread-traced before I forgot my extra seam allowances/smudged my marks up/whatever.  (Mostly I gave myself 1" seam allowances except in a few places where I went for 2").

So ... every piece got outlined.  Just outlined.  In colored thread.   I thread-traced where the pattern had the seams - so if I move something, I should be able to see right where the adjustment goes.  I'll be basting the muslin/toile together in black thread, but that gets basted/ripped out/basted again about a billion times before all is said and done, hopefully this will give me a solid starting point.

But very boring.  Took about an hour for the dress and bolero.  Finished three partial bobbins of colored thread.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I do feel virtuous though... :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.