Thursday, August 14, 2014

A little girl's bedroom



10yo's bedroom has needed re-doing for ages, but it's always a zoo in there, so I look in, blanche, and back out slowly.   This summer we've tackled it for good!  (14yo's room is next).

She got rid of ever so much stuff... I know that's hard to believe, but she did!

So - new curtains, you saw the fabric for those.  I wired fake peonies to the curtain clips (very easy to do) to bring the pink up top - would look simply dreadful if I'd not done that.  Purple walls.  New comforter and sheets - she didn't like my light pink vintage quilts.  And a chair - to encourage her to sit there and read.

Hopefully her new and organized room will help her have a newly organized school year!

I think you may be able to identify this as a girl's room from orbit.  ;)



5 comments:

  1. Well done, Mama. It's all so organized. Let's hope she can keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Setting her up for success. Hopefully?

      Delete
  2. Adorable! Love those curtains. What a dream bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.