Monday, August 18, 2014

And one in turquoise

With the prettier of the two statement necklaces, for Maeve.  ;)

The rest of me is definitely not ready for prime time, but hey.  BFF came over and I hadn't tried on the dress yet so I put it on for her and then I took a picture for you!  :D


I know.  So much could be improved if I wouldn't take pictures at this hour, or would wait until I had makeup or did something other than ponytail my hair up.  But... I guess you take 'em as you get 'em.

Anyway.  I sewed my seams at 6/8" instead of 5/8" (for yoja, and the 1/8th inch) which tightened things nicely except at the small of my back.  The way things are going - either with weight loss or my recent habit of lacing up all the time because my neck has been killing me - I'll be taking this in soon enough anyway and I can snug up that lower back at that point.

Won't this look too cute with a denim jacket?

Next up is back to school sewing.  Tra la!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And that is quite a necklace, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking! It's a fabulous color and I'm generating enough drool over that necklace that pretty soon I'll need a life jacket. You should be so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! :) FWIW - my mom gave me this necklace a few YEARS back and I've never worn it out of the house because I've never had anything to wear it *with*. I'm pretty happy that it works too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.