Saturday, October 4, 2014

Embroidered Sleeves

What?  Where has Hearthie been?  And why isn't this post about her coat?

Well, Hearth has been insanely busy helping move her BFF in four doors up, and doing life stuff.

The coat, which fit so nicely without sleeves, didn't fit very well WITH sleeves.  So I'm going to make some modifications and take it to my ASG meeting next week.  I really want to get the fit solidly nailed - and it's not.  It fits well so long as I don't try to lift my arms.  Oops.  I don't make too many sleeved garments (you've noticed?) living in SoCal, so ... um... yeah.  I need input.

But there's a project I've had my eyes on for some time.  I've been wanting to make beautiful chemises for sale on Etsy.  I'm hoping to get my skills up to making nightgowns for trousseaux - delicate and fragile and covered with embroidery, ribbons and lace.  Well - I'll get there.  But I also love a good peasant blouse/chemise.  Either for everyday or for Ren or costume or as a nightgown.

My machine will do an amazing number of  stitches that look like heirloom embroidery ... at least the straight stuff, lol.  So.  Practice.

I started work on my first highly-embroidered piece today.  Pintucks (though I decided to turn them inside after looking at them), a ribbon, four colors of thread... yep, I had fun.  It took me the afternoon to just make one sleeve.  Which is okay.  I never wanted to make anything mass-produced.  Art pieces all the way, baby.

Would you like to see it?  I'm pretty pleased.


Now - to make a matching sleeve, then sew up the rest of the blouse and attack *that* with embroidery too!  Muauahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.