First I'd like to say that I am super grateful to all the time I have spent crying and moaning and learning to alter patterns. When it came time to making my sleeve a two-piece sleeve, which I've never done before, and the instructions said, "cut here and..." it was a breeze. I think a craftsperson is allowed to enjoy their skill, and that moment pleased me.
Second. Well, I got it done! Having done the pattern changes to the outer coat previously, today I started by making the changes to the lining and facing bits of the coat, truing up any odd bits, and making sure my pattern pieces were perfect and ready to go.
Jo wanted to know if I was super nervous. Yes, at first I was. Lots of tension, especially while I was making the changes to the lining bits. But then... well, I've made how many muslins of this coat? I was ready. (Still stressful, you know how it is - you have to get everything just right before you cut... for every single layout).
I keep calling this (and occasionally other patterns) "fabric pigs". Today I took a picture of what a "fabric pig" looks like in the wild... (I used the blank space for collars and such, it wasn't wasted, but there is a big pile of triangles on the floor of my cutting area right now - I'll have to sort it out later and see what's usable and what not).
Thought you guys would like to see the lining, because it's awesome. Also, fabric pigs sometimes have to be cut on the flat instead of folded over and doubled. Blergh.
I cut haircloth too, which you can see in this picture, of my big pile of done! (The lining is the stuff with the weird stripes on the back, the haircloth is the beige-y grey stuff).
So. That was most of my day, along with a haircut for 10yo, grocery shopping and the normal stuff. There's a hot bath in my future!