Sunday, October 5, 2014

Quick Recipe Post: Tsardust Sriracha Jicama Slaw

Maeve inspired me to play with some jicama slaw ... do some things other than just cabbage.   I just got out of the kitchen, this is AMAZING.  Can't want to nom it up at dinner time.  Must write it down, so I don't forget what I did!  (Sorry, Maeve - it has nutmeg in the Tsardust spice... but you could eliminate that no prob).

Ingredients

4 carrots, peeled
1 jicama root
2 large honeycrisp apples
Tsardust Seasoning (Penzeys - they sent it to me as a free inclusion with my last order) (about 1 tsp)
Sriracha Sauce (about 2tbsp)
Mayonnaise (about a cup)
3 small but juicy oranges, juiced (probably about 1/2 cup)
Salt and black pepper (just a tad)

Grate the jicama, carrots and apples into a big bowl. In a little bowl, mix up the mayo, orange juice, sriracha sauce.  Whisk until smooth and you like the flavor combo.  Pour liquid over veggies, stir well.  Add dry spices until you're happy.  Stir well.  Refrigerate, serve.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. 10yo and I loved it. The boys shrugged and said it was okay. -sighs- Well, 10yo and I have plenty to eat up! :p

      Delete
  2. YUM Hearthie! I love jicama - and i'll just make up my own spice mix to avoid you-know-what LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments lovely. I encourage discussion, but I will erase ugliness. And let's not shoot fish in a barrel please - no picking on specific people, even celebrities.